New feature update: request your vendor’s payment details
When choosing how your payment should be delivered, you can now send your vendor a request to enter their payment details. This way, even if you’re missing their payment information, we’ll send them an email so they can decide how they want to get paid, check or bank deposit, and update the relevant payment details in a discreet and secure manner.
This is how it works :
1. Start scheduling a payment for a new or existing bill.
2. When you are asked how you would like your vendor to receive this payment, select “Ask vendor for payment details”.
3. Add your vendor’s email and click submit and continue.
4. You continue scheduling your payment as usual.
5. Melio sends a secure form asking for your vendor’s payment details and how they want to get paid - Paper Check or Bank transfer (ACH).
6. Once your vendor fills out the details, Melio automatically schedules the payment according to the date you chose & updates you with the final estimated payment delivery date.